ページビューの合計

2014年10月15日水曜日

Food Book


Today, I introduce the book which I chose in the class.
 
Religious Vegetarianism from Hesiod to the Dalai Lama
Edited by Kerry S. Walters and Lisa Portmess
Published by State University of New York Press in 2001

This is a book about vegetarianism. In Japan, there are few vegetarian and we are not so familiar with this topic but some of my foreign friends are vegetarian. I want to know why they stopped eating meat and whether this eating habit is good for health or not. In this book, author consider about vegetarianism in terms of religious. It's very interesting!! I think this book makes me deep think about the life of foods.

1 件のコメント:

  1. If one includes Hindus, who are vegetarian for religious reasons, probably the majority of vegetarians in the world have that lifestyle due to their religious beliefs or upbringing. I became a vegetarian for moral reasons, not for religious ones--because I didn't think animals should suffer or be killed on my account. There are also sound nutritional and environmental reasons for becoming a vegetarian.

    返信削除